Baser began with a regular family living in the outskirts of Aarhus, Denmark.
Arne, the father and a keen problem-solver, decided to improve his patio-umbrella setup so that his family could enjoy their time outside more.
Years later, his daughter Josefine and son-in-law Christian adopted his idea and pioneer spirit to create Baser as a family business that honors Arne’s innovation.
We strive to always be the world’s most sustainable choice of shade and base
At Baser, we want our company vision to be clear and easy for everyone to understand, so we developed the following statements:
- We’ll do our best to guide you to the right product for your needs so that you’re satisfied with your purchase
- Local delivery will minimize transport time and pollution so we plan to manufacture in Europe and the U.S.
- Our products will last as long as possible with the help of state-of-the-art production knowledge and reliable production partners.
- Our materials will always be the most durable and sustainable options we can find.
- When a product finally wears out we’ll tell you how to recycle it either locally or by sending it back to us to recycle it in our production
- New products launch when technology improves to provide you with stronger or more sustainable results instead of seasonal colors or the latest trends.
- You’d rather spend your holidays with your family instead of shopping so we’ll only offer sales in August or September
- We support sustainable work ethics for all suppliers and employees to ensure our people live healthy lives and enjoy great opportunities
- We’ll always serve great coffee. It’s true! You’re welcome to visit us and find out!
The founders of Baser
Josefine and Christian
Take part of the journey
In collaboration with our suppliers we’ll test how far we can go with recycling. Our goal is to provide you with the same high-quality products but made of 100% recycled household plastics.
Developing and producing more compact packaging will reduce our consumption of materials electricity and other resources.
Optimizing our production , electricity and other resources.
Building a U.S. production facility will improve delivery times and reduce transportation waste in the Americas
You will see the first recycled collection from the results of our tests in 2023.
Keep an eye out for a new product that is very beautiful, sustainable and Christmassy!
Join the 22480 others who choose sustainableSee our sustainable products
Our vision your impact
You save the world for 2.3 pounds CO2 in Transport
You help recycle up to 2 pounds of scrap and ocean plastic
You support 100% wind powered production in Denmark
Thanks for taking the time to read about us.
We appreciate people who want to learn more and do things the right way, even if it takes a little longer.
Like you, we take the time needed to make solid decisions. For example, instant coffee would be quicker, but we use our Simonelli espresso machine to brew you a truly enjoyable cappuccino with organic milk and sustainably-grown coffee beans from our local coffee roaster.
Good decisions require careful thinking and the right execution, and thinking with a wonderful cup of coffee is a great way to start.
We have a solid plan to become the most sustainable shade. It’s ambitious, and we hope you’ll join us on our journey. You’re welcome to review other options on the market to see how our competitors measure up.